Lots of people are having this problem, many of them lucky enough to find solutions through various means. This thread is for those of us who are still not being able to open Windows 8 default applications (Mail, Music, Photos, etc).
I have looked at every solution around the web and none of them are working for me. I'll list everything tried to get that out of the way:
- Screen resolution too low - NO (1920x1080)
- Running avast or other 3rd party anti-virus - NO
- Using built in admin with Windows Live ID - NO
- Registry errors - NO (tried the "Ole" delete)
- Updated graphics drivers - No (Windows update and directly from NVDIA's site)
- Refresh your PC - NO (I tried this, but got an error saying my install drive is locked) - Please take a look at my other thread about this issue
There are other small things I have tried with no luck, hence my asking the question.
My computer is a brand new Dell Inspiron 17R Special Edition, it is completely loaded 2TB drive, 8GB ram, Core i7 processor, HD screen - all meaning I don't see this being a compatibility/ hardware issue.
- The apps worked just fine for 3 days after my install, then suddenly yesterday morning all default apps stopped opening
- Windows Store does not load, so I cannot update or uninstall then reinstall
- Any apps I had downloaded before this problem, like solitaire and Netflix work just fine.
- The Maps app works though
- The apps on the start screen WILL live update - I can see the weather, and email messages on the tiles, but then get stuck at aforementioned splash screen.
- Notifications still work - running in the desktop I will receive messaging and outlook notifications, but when I click them, splash screen is all I get.
Any ideas? I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate with the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant using a promo code from www.windowsupgradeoffer.com
- Edited by WakaFlakaFlame Monday, October 29, 2012 12:39 PM Apps DID work fine after install, then stopped.