Dialup Connections Suddenly Stopped Working
Hi, I have a really odd problem with my Vista Ultimate install. Yesterdayall my dial up networking connections (to remote client sites andinternet) were working fine but today I can't get any of them to work. I have tried 3 different modems and countless different dialupproviders and I always get the following error logged into the eventlog: Event ID: 20227Source: RasClient CoID={522ABF49-21DA-484F-8545-A66EB61591F0}: The user **** dialed aconnection named ANZ BCTG which has failed. The error code returned onfailure is 31. This happens after the connection is established and the "Verifying Username and Password" has been shown. I have called Microsoft to log a priority support call but was toldthere is no support at Microsoft for Vista until 1st Feb. Can someone please tell me what error 31 means? Thanks,Andrew
January 11th, 2007 12:22am

HiIm having the same problem i upgraded my Windows XP Pro to Vista ultimate after that all my dial up connections won't work! When i checked the event viewer the connection has been established then suddenly it will disconnect with error code 734 and event id 20227.Can someone help us on this problem?Thanks,Mike
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2007 1:22pm

Hi! I've got the same problem and would ask you, if and how did you solved it? I got also event-id 20227, error 31 in RASclient etc., no dial-up possible. Thanks for answer in advance! Greetings Udo
August 22nd, 2007 12:26pm

Hi, I ended up formatting the computer and the problem went away and hasn't came back. I searched high and low for someone else who had the same problem but found nothing. Thanks, Andrew
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 22nd, 2007 12:37pm

Hug :-( That is not the answer I wanted :-) Ok, thank you although!
August 22nd, 2007 1:57pm

Sitting with the exact same problem, has anyone figured this out, without having to re-install vista??
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 13th, 2008 12:20pm

AAAHHHAAAAA!!!!! Got it! The error I had for the past few weeks was: CoId={5608FAF9-E5FA-48E5-B556-E726B0892484}: The user "USER" dialed a connection named Standard Modem over Bluetooth link (OTA) which has failed. The error code returned on failure is 31. Log Name: ApplicationSource: RasClientEvent ID: 20227 I found an app calles RArepair.exe, from another error , that seems to remove and add RAS again, and this worked for me!!! Finaly, I have my dial-up connection back again!!! I cant seem to attach files, but search for RArepair.exe, I only read about it in one of the forums, and found it quicly using google.
August 13th, 2008 1:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics