First off sorry for not putting a comment here originally the comment box doesnt rendered properly in Safari, just comes up with a progress bar...anyway at another PC Now with IE 8
Ok following are the steps I took to setup Win 8 Pro RTM
- Created Windows 8 Pro RTM USB Boot image
Disk 0 SATA (Data drive docs and files)- 2 TB Seagate
Disk 1 SATA (OS, Apps, Software Installs) - 2 TB Seagate
Disk 2 OCZ Agility3 (Games) - 128 GB SSD
- Disabled disk 0 and 2 to insure win 8 system partition created on Disk 1 - previously issue with Win 7
- Installed OS - Everything booted up fine
- Re-Enabled Disk 0 and Disk 2 - Everything fine
- Installed VS2008 + SP, VS 2010 + SP, VS 2012
- Installed SQL 2012 Developer
- Enabled Win8 Hyper-V - troubles began - couldn't update - after a couple reboots ended up with the Windows 8 blue logo - had to refresh
- Refresh worked - However didnt disable Disk 0 and Disk 2 for the Refresh
- Installed Windows Media Centre - ended up paying for key as the free key didn't work - suspect possible issue with the feature activation on the Australian Windows Store
- Installed Splastop Desktop windows 8
- Installed Office 2010
- Trusted the PC
- Installed Hyper-V again - troubles again couldn't boot - same blue windows 8 logo screen this time unable to Refresh repair.
- Attempted restart from USB Boot image. I can get to repair screen however cant move forward from this point as it says the drive is locked.
Ive no idea how to unlock in Windows 8, I can probably do this from the command prompt, assuming its possible to unlock from there, just dont know how to do it, which is what I need help with please.
At this stage if I can get Win 8 refreshed(without file loss) I plan is to copy my software files back to my Data Drive and then do a fresh install of Windows 7, which works well. To be honest little disappointed with the new Frankenstein Win8 Classic/RT experience. Love the fact that Hyper-V is available in 8 (if it works) but might wait for SP1 and possibly a Start Button/Orb on the Desktop
Anyway any help in unlocking my drive would be greatly appreciate.
- Edited by Geoff Fane Monday, October 29, 2012 7:50 AM Typo