WDS deployment error
Hi all I'm testing WDS in a virtual lab environment. I have setup me WDS server and loaded the install and boot images. It is a Win Server 2008 R2 server. I have prestaged the second server in AD and are trying to PXE boot from the blank server. I get to the screen where i can press F12 but then a error immediately comes up. I really hope someone can help me to clear this error. I have even created a new VM and tried to boot from it but get the same error. The error is : Windows Boot Manager Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer 2.Choose your language settings and then click Next 3. Click "Repair your computer" If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File: \Boot\BCD Status: 0xc0000098 Info: The Windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry
April 4th, 2011 5:30am

Check this article. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771670(WS.10).aspx Please post your query on Setup Deployment forum. Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 4th, 2011 9:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics