“Failed accessing Windows Event log” from Management Server health view

I have an issue that I suspect relates to Agentless monitoring (how I wish now I am in SCOM we could get rid of those Windows 2000 servers!).

Firstly if I look at the state of my two management servers they are showing as Warning and both are saying Failed accessing Windows Event log.

In Health Explorer the servers are referring to different agentless servers which do report (or rather proxy) to these two management servers. The description detail is There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

However what is odd is because of the problems I am having with agentless generally (performance issues on management servers I think) both of these are currently in maintenance mode anyway so why is the MS still trying to access the registry?

Second to get rid of them to try and clear the error I have temp removed them to another proxy which is not a SCOM MS but the manegemtn servers are still showing up as Warning and has not cleared

Any ideas? (Apart from upgrading the machines from Windows 2000.. That would be too easy!). And am I even correct in this error is because the management servers where talking to them because they where the proxy for them?

thanks!

(EDIT: after waiting for a long while I thought I would restart the health service on both MS and this got rid of the alert - but questions remains why would the management server still be reporting this and why would I have to restart health to "fix")

• Edited by JarvJarv Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:52 PM
October 16th, 2013 11:27am

Hi,

Maybe we need check the previous event log to get the cause.

Also, if you are using SOCM 2007 SP1, you may take a look at this hotfix:

Issues that are resolved by the Operations Manager Module rollup update for System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959865

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 18th, 2013 2:01pm

Disable the Windows Server 2008 R2 DHCP Descovery for a group (Windows Server 2003 Computer Group)
1.Open the Operations Console | Monitoring
2.Management Pack Objects
3.Object Discoveries
4.Find "Microsoft.Windows.2008R2.DHCP.Server.Discovery"
5.Right click the discovery Override for a group "Windows Server 2003 Computer Group" - Enabled false
6.From Operations Manager shell >> Remove-DisabledMonitoringObject

Couple of minutes and the warnings will disappear, you might need to restart the HealthService on the affected agents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

G.R.V

May 18th, 2015 9:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics