xp sp3 going offline in 2008 server
Most of my xp clients are going offline in my new 2008 rt 64bit domain (after upgrading from server 2000)- it happens to the workstations that have a secure VPN going outside the most (second gateway) but all xp user experense offline files for no apparent reason at some time, rebooting reconnects but they will go "off line" again.
March 9th, 2010 10:28pm

Hi Roland, Thank you for posting here. If I understand you correctly, you are experiencing an issue that most of XP clients's redirected folder got offline when they connect to a Windows 2008 Domain through VPN connection. This issue might be caused by the VPN network connection. To work around this issue, you can configure the following policies on the XP clients. Configured the following policies in a new policy linked to the root of the domain:Computer policy "Allow or Disallow use of the Offline Files Feature" set to Enabled located in:Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline FilesUser policy "Do not automatically make redirected folders available offline" set to Enabled located in:User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline FilesTo get these to take effect, you need to reboot each XP machine twice. Not sure if booting the XP clients twice is necessary. For more information, you can refer to: Understanding the policy "Do not automatically make redirected folders available offline" http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_dewey/archive/2004/02/06/68811.aspx Sincerely, Wilson JiaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 10th, 2010 6:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics