xcopy script to backup directory/file to shared drive

i'd like to create a script that users can launch by double clicking to copy a directory or file to a network drive.

i can do this through command prompt: xcopy c:\users\%username%\pictures \\192.5.149.6\home\%username% /p /s/ w

but would like to make it more user friendly for users to run.

thanks!

October 18th, 2013 12:41am

Put that command in a plain-text file with a .cmd extension (use Notepad). This transforms the command into a one-line script. Then create a shortcut to the script.

Bill

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 18th, 2013 12:53am

Put that command in a plain-text file with a .cmd extension (use Notepad). This transforms the command into a one-line script. Then create a shortcut to the script.

Bill

October 18th, 2013 12:53am

Hello, Very nice / resultant to work with provided user friendly (xcopy c:\users\%username%\pictures \\192.5.149.6\home\%username% /p /s /w) code with in bath file.

But my little concern to make this bath file more protected by possible edit by the client users. I tryed to  save the same with "filename.exe" but when use on Windows 2008 R2, it returns compatibility error win32 bit or win x86 like wise........

Pls guide to for above xcopy command within protected / uneditable format like .exe instead of .bat or .cmd.....

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 3rd, 2014 11:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics