write delay failed
I have a handful of workstations that receive this error when trying to save a file to the network. And, only certain files at that, usually large ones but sometimes small. It's not every file just a few. I have changed their network cable, replaced their nic and moved them to a different switch and port and it still happens.Any ideas??
May 7th, 2009 9:57pm

hi there, i want to know whatOS these workstations run on ?, are they connecting to SAN storage to save the file ? , please specify the source and destination OS involved in file transfer ?On work station , please navigate to event viewer and get us the event id for further troubleshooting. make sure your workstations are patched to latest binaries, use windows update to load latest dll's / sys files sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 8th, 2009 10:54am

Hi Corkey, Yes, as Sainath said, please provide more information about your environment, then we can do the further research. In order to isolate the problem, please help me to collect the following information: 1. What's the network means? Is the destination a SAN storage or a normal computer or some others? 2. Have you encountered this issue only on one computer or all of them? (I mean the client you are using to save the files) 3. Have you encountered this issue when you save files to some other client or servers? In addition, please perform the following tests to see whether the same issue occur: 1. Please save files to some other place like other client or servers to test whether the same issue occur. 2. If the destination is a server, please boot the server into safe mode with network to test whether the same issue occur. Best regards, Vincent Hu
May 8th, 2009 12:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics