wireless not working
hello, I am having hard time getting my dell 1390 wireless card working with my server 2008 i think it's the driver does anyone have any solutions. Thanks, Jut
September 18th, 2007 6:38am

Check at Dell's site for drivers. If none are available I'd suggest contacting them to see if/when they will be.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 18th, 2007 8:26am

I encountered the some problem. I intalled W2K8 on my IBM T42 laptop. The original driver in Windows server 2008 has already be installed automatically, and the wireless equipment icon shows on the tray. But it can not connect with my wireless router. UP.
September 21st, 2007 5:30am

Hello In this case I have some solutions which worked lot of times. Try to bypass the wireless router and connect the internet cable directly to the computer . After this follow the follwing steps: 1). Go to start -- > run --> type in cmd and click ok. 2). In the command prompt, type in ipconfig to determine the IP address and try to ping to the IP address and default gateway. If both are doing fine then your issue is resolved. You are connected. In this case contact the manufacturer of the wireless router for configuration setting. 3). There is a workaround solution, try to click the reset button on the wirelss router and restart the computer .Sometimes this also resolves the issue. Good luck Regards Himanshu Dogra MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 24th, 2007 5:47pm

This is not helpful, and I would absolutely not advise reseting your wireless router unless you are interested in re-configuring all your wireless clients. Reset will put a router such as linksys back to factory defaults, and will require any clients or other wireless devices to be reconfigured.
December 7th, 2007 6:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics