windows server 2012 essentials remote web access using a remote desktop session to client computer RDP printing
When using windows server 2012 essentials remote web access and connecting to a computer on the network. How to setup printing to the local printer while in an RDP session. Before it was to setup easy print now I can't find anything on setting up remote desktop printing. Everything else is fine just can't print to a local printer in a remote session.
March 6th, 2013 5:03am

Hi,

Easy Print is still there in Windows Server 2012. You can configure the printing options in the RDMS (as part of the Server Manager Console).
Open the properties of you Session Collection and choose "Client Settings". There you have the option to configure printing settings.

And of course printer redirection also has to be enabled in the RDP client for example if you're manually launching mstsc in stead of a published Remote App of Full Desktop.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 6th, 2013 9:51am

I went into server manager and tried to locate session collection but could not find it. Using remote web access I am able to connect to a computer on the network, but when looking in server manager it does not list RD Gateway, RD Session Host etc..

When going into add roles and features it shows that they are already installed.

I configured the remote access using the anywhere access wizard. All is complete and functioning except for remote desktop printing.

I was told that this was all I had to run to get the services working. Somehow I thing there is more to it.

The wizard makes the process different and I'm not sure what else I need to do to get this running.

March 6th, 2013 5:06pm

RDMS is running, but session collection is nowhere.

March 9th, 2013 2:53am

When you are on the remotewebaccess.com web page, select Computers, then select Remote Desktop Options.

There you have the rdp print options.

/Gran

February 8th, 2015 1:02pm

I'm in the same pickle.  2012R2 Essentials, remote web workplace.  Print drivers need to be installed on the server or mapped via .ini file -- Easy Print is NOT working.  The remote desktop options does not seem to include anything about enable/disable Easy Print, which is what I need to do:

March 6th, 2015 6:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics