windows server 2008 small network setup question
Hello folks. I've set up vpn getway type with logmein hamachi ... and windows server 2008 is the getway computer ... i have no problem regarding the network. My problem is that on the server i have software with database and the other computers on the network access this database trough the vpn. So far so good. My problem is that when i start the program on the client side with valid ip settings it does not load the database on the server. It says destination host is unreachable. Then if i browse the server and authenticate with administrator acount of the server the software starts working no problem ... So windows server need authentication to become accesable trough network ... How can i keep the need of authentication on the server side and filter the access of unwanted people wanting to "COPY" database and be able to access the same database trough the software. All the computers (5 computers total) is on the same workgroup. Please if any of you smart people have a clue pleease HELP ME my boss will kill me :)
November 12th, 2010 11:20am

That is one of the problems of using a workgroup. There is no central accounts database to give you access to resources. With a domain, logging on to the domain gives you valid credentials to access domain resources. With a workgroup, you need to authenticate to the machine which actually hosts the resource. If the database is on a particular server, every user must have an account on that server. Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 15th, 2010 12:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics