windows server 2008 r2 - video hardware acceleration
Hi, What is 'video hardware acceleration' for and what does it do? Currently we have this custom application on the win2k8 r2 terminal server and the popup window goes to the background and not foreground. We get the popup to come up the foreground by click on the application again. However the developer suggested that I turn off 'video hardware acceleration' so that the popup comes to the foreground. The developer tested this on 2 separate machines and the popup did not go to the background with 'video hardware acceleration' turned off. If I turn 'video hardware acceleration' off, will this affect the performance of graphics processing significantly? Thanks
June 29th, 2012 1:40pm

This is a bit ambiguous as VHA can be bound to graphic card itself ( something llike Display properties > Advanced > troubleshooting ) or to program like Flash (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337) IMHO In any case I would expect that this is on developer side to prove his/her concept. Regards Milos
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2012 7:11am

Hi, Please check whether the following link is helpful. http://www.deskshare.com/resources/articles/dmc_turnoffhardwareacceleration.aspx Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.
July 2nd, 2012 3:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics