windows server 2008 loosing connection from windows 7 remote desktop
im using windows 7 remote to connect to windows server 2008 and im loosing connection every few seconds when im active on the server it only happens with my computer and only this server this is the error message The connection has been lost. Attempting to reconnect you to your session. Connection attempt 1 of 20 thanks
February 23rd, 2012 11:53am

Well, first cover your basics. 1. Make sure the media (cable) is reliable and the are no problems with it, and interference from electricity is eliminated. 2. Check to see the connection to the server is ok. Try to ping -t the server and check for lost packets or high response times. 3. Are you connecting through vpn? Make sure you don't have any conflicting vpn connections or incorrect ipsec tunnel configs. 4. Make sure the network card is configured an working properly. 5. Make sure the computer you are using is not supject to a group policy (if in a domain). Run gpresult /r, and rsop.msc in RUN. 6. If all else fails use a packet analyser like Wireshark or Network Monitor an look at the process at a packet level. Hope you find the issue.MCTS - Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. http://mariusene.wordpress.com/
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 23rd, 2012 12:56pm

thanks for your reply i ran this command gpresult /r C:\Users\MK>gpresult /r Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Operating System Group Policy Result tool v2.0 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. 1981-2001 Created On 2/23/2012 at 4:45:20 PM RSOP data for MK-PC\MK on MK-PC : Logging Mode ----------------------------------------------- OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation OS Version: 6.1.7601 Site Name: N/A Roaming Profile: N/A Local Profile: C:\Users\MK Connected over a slow link?: No COMPUTER SETTINGS ------------------ Last time Group Policy was applied: 2/21/2012 at 10:45:46 AM Group Policy was applied from: N/A Group Policy slow link threshold: 500 kbps Domain Name: MK-PC Domain Type: <Local Computer> Applied Group Policy Objects ----------------------------- N/A The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out ------------------------------------------------------------------- Local Group Policy Filtering: Not Applied (Empty) The computer is a part of the following security groups ------------------------------------------------------- System Mandatory Level Everyone IIS_WPG SQLServerMSSQLServerADHelperUser$MK-PC BUILTIN\Users NT AUTHORITY\SERVICE CONSOLE LOGON NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users This Organization BDESVC BITS CertPropSvc EapHost hkmsvc IKEEXT iphlpsvc LanmanServer MMCSS MSiSCSI RasAuto RasMan RemoteAccess Schedule SCPolicySvc SENS SessionEnv SharedAccess ShellHWDetection wercplsupport Winmgmt wuauserv LOCAL BUILTIN\Administrators USER SETTINGS -------------- Last time Group Policy was applied: 2/21/2012 at 10:46:49 AM Group Policy was applied from: N/A Group Policy slow link threshold: 500 kbps Domain Name: MK-PC Domain Type: <Local Computer> Applied Group Policy Objects ----------------------------- N/A The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out ------------------------------------------------------------------- Local Group Policy Filtering: Not Applied (Empty) The user is a part of the following security groups --------------------------------------------------- None Everyone HelpLibraryUpdaters HomeUsers Netmon Users BUILTIN\Administrators BUILTIN\Users NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE CONSOLE LOGON NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users This Organization LOCAL NTLM Authentication High Mandatory Level C:\Users\MK>
February 23rd, 2012 4:53pm

i ran this command gpresult /r C:\Users\MK>gpresult /r Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Operating System Group Policy Result tool v2.0 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. 1981-2001 Created On 2/23/2012 at 4:52:56 PM RSOP data for MK-PC\MK on MK-PC : Logging Mode ----------------------------------------------- OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation OS Version: 6.1.7601 Site Name: N/A Roaming Profile: N/A Local Profile: C:\Users\MK Connected over a slow link?: No COMPUTER SETTINGS ------------------ Last time Group Policy was applied: 2/21/2012 at 10:45:46 AM Group Policy was applied from: N/A Group Policy slow link threshold: 500 kbps Domain Name: MK-PC Domain Type: <Local Computer> Applied Group Policy Objects ----------------------------- N/A The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out ------------------------------------------------------------------- Local Group Policy Filtering: Not Applied (Empty) The computer is a part of the following security groups ------------------------------------------------------- System Mandatory Level Everyone IIS_WPG SQLServerMSSQLServerADHelperUser$MK-PC BUILTIN\Users NT AUTHORITY\SERVICE CONSOLE LOGON NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users This Organization BDESVC BITS CertPropSvc EapHost hkmsvc IKEEXT iphlpsvc LanmanServer MMCSS MSiSCSI RasAuto RasMan RemoteAccess Schedule SCPolicySvc SENS SessionEnv SharedAccess ShellHWDetection wercplsupport Winmgmt wuauserv LOCAL BUILTIN\Administrators USER SETTINGS -------------- Last time Group Policy was applied: 2/21/2012 at 10:46:49 AM Group Policy was applied from: N/A Group Policy slow link threshold: 500 kbps Domain Name: MK-PC Domain Type: <Local Computer> Applied Group Policy Objects ----------------------------- N/A The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out ------------------------------------------------------------------- Local Group Policy Filtering: Not Applied (Empty) The user is a part of the following security groups --------------------------------------------------- None Everyone HelpLibraryUpdaters HomeUsers Netmon Users BUILTIN\Administrators BUILTIN\Users NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE CONSOLE LOGON NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users This Organization LOCAL NTLM Authentication High Mandatory Level C:\Users\MK>
February 23rd, 2012 5:01pm

i dont know what to do about my connection getting lost its only from my pc , and with another server i dont have any problem only this server please help thanks
February 27th, 2012 9:57am

i dont know what to do about my connection getting lost its only from my pc , and with another server i dont have any problem only this server please help thanks
February 29th, 2012 4:38pm

Maybe it's something related to the OS. Consider doing a reinstallation. Firts install a virtual machine on your pc and deploy your OS. If all is ok you can try to reinstall. It might be a faster solution than waiting to find a fix.MCTS - Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. http://mariusene.wordpress.com/
February 29th, 2012 5:19pm

Maybe it's something related to the OS. Consider doing a reinstallation. Firts install a virtual machine on your pc and deploy your OS. If all is ok you can try to reinstall. It might be a faster solution than waiting to find a fix.MCTS - Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. http://mariusene.wordpress.com/
March 1st, 2012 1:18am

hi thanks for your reply are you talking about client side of server side how do i know if its my pc or windows server online thanks
March 6th, 2012 2:03pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics