windows server 2008 R2 mstsc , RDP problem
Hi I perform a clean installation of windows server 2008 R2 on esxi 4 . After clean installation , vmtools are installed. I allow remote destop conection from any version of remote desktop ( less secure ) I am using windows 7 as client. I cannot connecto server 2008 r2 via mstsc. I tried to restart rdp service from services.msc console. Bur rdp service unable to start and gives error 1053 , did not respond in timely fashion One more thing is , according to the netstat -an output 3389 is not being listened any clue ?
August 12th, 2011 4:21am

any firewalls active? you can try if you can telnet from the client to the server on port 3389 to check if the connection is open
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 12th, 2011 5:09am

Hi , Windows Firewall Service is started but at all profile ( domain pub pri ) firewall is off. telnet connection over 3389 is refused
August 12th, 2011 5:13am

I am seeing the exact same problem. Three servers identically configured with 2008 R2. Two servers accept RDP connections 1 does not. Remote Desktop Services Manager reports the listener is Down. On the good servers it reports 'Listening'. Event logs report Event 1036; Terminal Server session creation failed. The relevant status code was Error: 0xd00000a3 and Terminal Server listener stack was down. Attempting to restart the Remote Desktop Services service results in error 1053. Restarting the server did not help. Carl
August 31st, 2011 11:49am

Hi all, i have solved the problem at last. At regedit ; \hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\control\terminal server\rcm Look at the permission entry for "RCM" subkey. And add Network Service account , give full controll. Restart the server or restrat TS services and voilaa. actually i do not know why rcm subkey does not have network service account. i posted it on my blog.. http://aydogmusoglu.com/?p=309 have a nice day barisca
September 1st, 2011 5:24am

Hi, Thank you for your feedback.Technology changes life
September 1st, 2011 9:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics