windows server 2008 R2 Standard Build 7600 this copy of windows is not genuine
Hi, I run an IT business in Australia and have never seen this before. I built a new sever for a large Sydney company their IT Rep flew up to Brisbane and Installed the OS on the server. It was then my job to configure it, I installed Active service directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange and Webserver (IIS) roles. After the finally Reboot it took a couple of hours to get to the CTRL+ALT+Del screen I logon as normal only to get screen stating "windows server 2008 R2 Standard Build 7600 this copy of windows is not genuine" bottom right. I noticed in system properties on a number of ocassions that it said it was Activated and thought everything was ok. Can someone tell me what this means and why?. I really don't want to reinstall because it would mean pointing fingers at their IT department but if they have broken the law then I will. I also don't want to do the work a second time. Regards Stephen Muller Australia
June 24th, 2010 7:11am

Hi, Please run “slmgr /dlv” in CMD prompt command line to see the details about the activation. If you ensure that you have input license and active the system, you can try to use “slmgr /ato” to active the system again to see whether you get the same issue. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2010 9:10am

How do you get to a command prompt? Once you log into the server either Admin or User account you receive a blue screen and the error, "windows server 2008 R2 Standard Build 7600 this copy of windows is not genuine." in the bottom right corner. Please advise.
July 21st, 2010 9:06am

I am also facing the same issue and getting "Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Build 7600 this copy is not genuine." Please advise/suggest any workaround.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2010 9:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics