windows server 2008 R2(GHost) folder access through DOS Error 5: Access Has been denied
I'm looking for some help on this issue We've moved our Ghost 7.5 to a new test Server (Server 2008 R2). I've been trying to launch ghost.exe from the bootdisk to map the share folder and keep getting. "Error5: Access has been denied" Can someone please help me on this.. Below is what i have done already with no success.. after trying the below i excluded the machine from the Default Domain Policies, rebooted the server and still the same error. Network Security: Do not store LAN Manager hash value on next password change - SET TO DISABLE Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level - SET TO SEND LM & NTLM - USE NTLM v2 IF NEGOTIATED HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa - restrictanonymous = 0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa - restrictanonymoussam = 0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa - everyoneincludesanonymous = 1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa - nolmhash = 0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa - lmcompatibilitylevel = 0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanworkstation\parameters - requiresecuritysignature =0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters - requiresecuritysignature = 0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters - restrictnullsessaccess = 0
October 16th, 2012 5:53pm

Hi, Please note that Ghost product is not supported by Microsoft. For that, I would recommend asking them in Symantec forums. If you want, you can use MS solutions for OS deployment like WDS, SCCM ... P.S. Purpose of this Forum (Server General) *** Please Read Before Posting *** http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IN/winservergen/thread/9ce53966- 49bb-48fe-b195-2652ad8d09d9 Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 17th, 2012 1:44am

Hi, Please note that Ghost product is not supported by Microsoft. For that, I would recommend asking them in Symantec forums. If you want, you can use MS solutions for OS deployment like WDS, SCCM ... P.S. Purpose of this Forum (Server General) *** Please Read Before Posting *** http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IN/winservergen/thread/9ce53966- 49bb-48fe-b195-2652ad8d09d9 Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali
October 17th, 2012 2:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics