windows server 2008: windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt status: 0xc00000e9
hello everyone! i'm using a windows server 2008 r2 and after restarting it to install the updates, i got this error: windows\system32\config\system status: 0xc00000e9 windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt i have tried to restore but i dont have a buck up image, someone kindly help me out! Favoured G.
December 30th, 2010 4:48am

Hi, Since you do not have any backup image, nothing much we can do. However, I'll suggest you to post this issue to this forum:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver They are the best resource to troubleshoot this issue. Hope you get your resolution soon. Thanks, Mithilesh Singh
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 30th, 2010 3:57pm

Hi, Please disconnect all the external hardware devices and perform a Startup Repair to repair the system. To perform a Startup Repair: 1. Insert the Windows Server 2008 R2 installation disc or USB flash drive and then shut down your computer. 2. Restart your computer using the computer's power button. 3. When prompted, press any key, and then follow the instructions that appear. 4. On the Install Windows page, or on the System Recovery Options page, choose your language and other preferences, and then click Next. 5. If you are using the Windows installation disc or USB flash drive, click Repair your computer. 6. Select the Windows installation you want to repair, and then click Next. 7. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Note: If the Install Windows page doesn't appear, and you aren't asked to press any key, you might have to specify that your computer uses its DVD drive or a USB flash drive as the first startup device. To do this, you need to change settings in the computer's basic input/output system (BIOS). Regards, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 2nd, 2011 9:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics