windows server 2003 problem in accessing microsoft domain or website
i have installed a fresh copy of windows server 2003 R2 standard version. After i installed windows all the websites are browsed fine but only Microsoft website is not opening. i want to activate windows but did not get any response from the update server of Microsoft server because Microsoft website is block by default how i can solve this problem need urgent help
February 6th, 2010 9:04pm

You may have svchost.exe trojan. I'd give this a go.http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htmRegards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 6th, 2010 9:18pm

Thanks for your reply so soon but none of the website related with microsoft is opening how i can open this site on the installed machine and one more thing i should add that i have got zero responce from the microsoft site when i try to browse with in a second that page cannot be displayed although i have reinstalled a fresh windows copy. how it is possible that a fresh copy is infected with svchost torjan?
February 7th, 2010 1:36pm

while running onecare safety cleaner i have got this error 0x08402405
February 7th, 2010 2:25pm

Restart your computer in the safe mode with networking support and try.Thankshttp://technetfaqs.wordpress.com
February 7th, 2010 2:27pm

i'm in a big big trouble after installing windows server 2003 R2 standard. microsoft website and it's domain is blocked and i can't update windows or activate it, moreover none of the microsoft software is updateing from it's site. i have installed this copy many times but the same issue occurs. what can i do can any one help me sorting out. remember one thing in mind that microsoft website is not opening on any browser with all of my efforts, so how will server update and activate while this is happening
February 7th, 2010 3:31pm

Restart the computer in the safemode with networking support and do a antivirus scan http://technetfaqs.wordpress.com
February 7th, 2010 3:54pm

nothing helpfull for me i'm realy fadeup now with microsoft huhhh
February 7th, 2010 4:09pm

none of it work for me huhhh
February 7th, 2010 4:10pm

You might also check the hosts file for blocking. Also this may apply.Can't access some websites while using a shared PPPoE connection http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-107Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
February 7th, 2010 6:52pm

It would be much easier to follow if you kept this in the same thread. Just be sure to have good perimeter fire wall in place before the next clean install you do.Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
February 7th, 2010 8:00pm

I do not see any reason that microsoft website gets blocked , and rest you can access without any problem. There is a potential issue either virus / trojan / website blocked in your environment.Please do run netmon trace which give you better understanding of the packets along with the GET and POST message behaviors.
February 8th, 2010 7:20am

i have installed it more then once but the issue is there only microsoft websites are not opening with error in D.N.S server and i can't even ping www.microsoft.com although all the other domain are reachable and i got ping reply from all domains
February 9th, 2010 2:57pm

Hi Amir Ali Khan,Please provide unedited ipconfig /all from the server / client from which it is failing .Also please run wireshark/ netmon trace to identify the communication between your system / server and web activity.
February 22nd, 2010 5:45am

Hi Amire Ali Khan, Could you paste tracert microsoft.com from your local lan. This is looks like ISP DNS issue. Thanks Alagar.
February 22nd, 2010 8:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics