windows server 2003 disjoin from domain
Hi, I have installed new server on Vmware esxi , after that i converted my antivirus server ( Windows2003 ) through V to M tool ( vmware) , my antivirus server was member of my Domain server , after starting my antivirus .vmdk file in virtul area , my antivirus server dijoin from domain , it is showing that there is no domain server avaliable. now i am planning to shift my DC in virtual area pl. suggest what to do . Thanks, Sandeep Lahange
February 2nd, 2011 5:45am

Hello, make sure that the converted machine has correct network settings on the NIC and rergister it in DNS with ipconfig /registerdns. Additional is it NOT recommended to virtualize a domain controller. Demote it, virtualize and promote it again. Therefore install a second DC/DNS/GC in the domain and transfer the FSMO roles to it. Now do the conversion as suggested.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 2nd, 2011 6:28am

Means if I convert any server which is domain member of my DC, at time of conversion his sid will be changed, If I create new server in virtual area after that I make it as ADC then I have to transfer fsmo role on new server, will it work? Pl. suggest.Thanks, Sandeep Lahange
February 2nd, 2011 12:25pm

Hello, " convert any server which is domain member of my DC, at time of conversion his sid will be changed" No, why should this change a SID? The VM is basically just a copy from the physical machine with no changes. Of course the hardware settings would not longer apply, therefore the VMWare tools have to be used/installed. "If I create new server in virtual area after that I make it as ADC then I have to transfer fsmo role on new server, will it work" As said before install an additional DC on VMWare server, not a Active Directory Connector(ADC), and make it DNS server and Global catalog server, then transfer the FSMO roles to the Virtual machine. If replication is done you can demote the first installed DC and convert it. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc733027(WS.10).aspx http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324801 (belongs also to the new OS versions)Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
February 2nd, 2011 1:22pm

" convert any server which is domain member of my DC, at time of conversion his sid will be changed " But when i convert my antivirus (windows 2003) after import in esxi it was not accepting user name password and " no domain server available for this machine " error appearThanks, Sandeep Lahange
February 2nd, 2011 2:13pm

Hello, first you have to check with VMWare support/forums that the conversion and required VMWare settings are correct? If no domain server is available this doesn't has to do with a SID. It sounds that you are not connected correct to the network/domain. As said before make sure that VMware tools are installed, then check ip settings on the NIC and ping the DC/DNS server with ip address, computer name and FQDN. If this doesn't work you have a starting point. If it works, please post an unedited ipconfig /all from the DC/DNS server and the problem machine.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
February 2nd, 2011 2:25pm

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ipconfig/all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ABDTMSVR001 Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : ene.in Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : ene.in Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VMware Accelerated AMD PCNet Adapter Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-50-56-B2-00-05 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.16 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.5 192.168.2.6Thanks, Sandeep Lahange
February 2nd, 2011 2:53pm

Hi, It seems that you only posted the IP Configuration of the client computer. Is 192.168.2.5/192.168.2.6 the IP address of the DC? As the computer is in a different subnet, please make sure that the route is configured correctly and there is no firewall blocking the traffic. Meanwhile, please perform the steps of NsLookup in the KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816587 on the client computer and check if you get the correct response. Hope it helps.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 7th, 2011 2:26am

Hi Joson, Client and server routing is working ok, i can able to ping through IP as well as host name ,thing is the client was mention in the post was converted through VMware and shiftd on Esxi 4.0 after that this problem was started , i think due to sysprep this problem was occour pl. comment .Thanks, Sandeep Lahange
February 7th, 2011 3:13am

Hi, Although you can ping the DC, it does not guarantee the SRV record can be resolved correctly. As a result, I suggest using the nslookup command to verify it. Meanwhile, I suggest that you contact VMWare to see whether the conversion was done correctly and whether there were any known issues with the V to M tool.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 8th, 2011 2:30am

I asked VM Person but he is unable to help me, i think while converting P to V might be VM runs sysprep .Thanks, Sandeep Lahange
February 9th, 2011 12:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics