windows 7 big issue
hi Team. we are having windows server 2003 with webdav and all the client have windows 7 all the client access the files from server with explorer with credentials but there some files saved on the server 2003 can we viewed by windows xp client and not by users of windows 7 how is this possible. is there any issue with windows 7 and webdav installed in windows server 2003 Thanks Viraj.
September 26th, 2011 8:54am

You should start WebClient in Windows 7 services. This is not Windows server issue, this is on the Windows 7 part. If you will use this functionaly daily, then set the start to automatic. The following is from W 7 networking forum 1. Open Windows Explorer 2. Rightclick on 'Computer' 3. Go to 'map network drive' 4. Choose station/drive letter 5. Use this link to your WebDAV location: \\webdav_server_domain@SLL\root_webdav_folder\path_to_folder 6. Press OK and your set.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 26th, 2011 4:08pm

hi milos, i tried those steps still unable to resolve the issue the thing is only one excel file is not viewable from the server however all the other files in that folder which is kept on server is able to view i checked the permission and it is same also the file which is unable to view from windows 7 is able to view from windows xp please help thanks viraj
September 27th, 2011 1:44am

Hi Viraj see this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2555258 Hope this will help you Regards Milos (PS: We are using Total Commander with WebDAV plugin)
September 27th, 2011 5:59am

hi Milos, i downloaded the hotfix and installed still not able to view the file in windows 7 also started the webdav client service and made it automatic but can view in xp we cannot use the total commander as it is third party tool. Please help Thanks Viraj
September 27th, 2011 9:15am

Hi Viraj 1. What is the difference between files, that you can see and those that you cannot see (file extension, access rights, size,...)? 2. I would recomment a. Delete cache on the browser b. Put WebDAV server into trusted sites. 3. The more demanding procedure is analysis of traffic by Network Monitor (either from MS or free Wireshark) Regards Milos
September 27th, 2011 10:58am

hi milos it is the same file with same extension it a office 2003 excel but other files i am able to view if i edited the file by going to the server and check from client of windows 7 it is still not able to view, but from windows xp i am able to view it Thanks Viraj
September 28th, 2011 5:10am

hi milos, i have also tried thos a, and b steps before trying network monitor my question is both the xp and windows 7 are kept beside each other rather in the same network both are pointing to the same network location, but still why i am not able to view that only excel file i can view all the other files that are created in the same location which also has the same permission and everything is same. Thanks Viraj
September 28th, 2011 5:22am

Hi Viraj 1. Try to resolve, if "cannot view" is the same as "cannot access". Try get the file over network. 2. WebDAV is based on web protocol that has limit(s). My guess is that, if you have file larger than 2GB, then you are behind limit and web p[rotocol cannot resolve it properly. Regards Milos
September 28th, 2011 7:34am

Hi milos, The file size is 2.5 mb it is a excel file. if i change the location of the file from one to other i cannot view the file so by default i cannot access that file as well from windows 7 which has SP1 installed in it but with same credentials to same file i am able to view and able to access from windows xp machine Thanks, Viraj
September 28th, 2011 9:44am

Hi, I would like to confirm the following questions first: 1. Can you access other shared folders in Windows Server 2003 from Windows 7 clients? 2. Can you access other types of files in the WebDav share from Windows 7 clients? 3. What is the error message or symptom when trying to access the WebDav share from Windows 7 clients? Based on the current situation, please try to change the LmCompatibilityLevel value under HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa to “1” to check the result. For more information, please refer to the following Microsoft TechNet article: LmCompatibilityLevel http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc960646.aspx Regards, Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 28th, 2011 12:03pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics