windows 7 allows changing the time zone in user pc
hi Team, we have a windows 7 professinoal PC for client and a windows server 2008 standard edition on server with DC now when the user clicks on system to change it, it ask for credentials but they are able to make changes to Time zone Now i want to know how to restrict the user from changing the Time zone in a Windows 7 PC with a GPO also is it normal in windows 7 that they are able to change the time zone in windows 7 pc or does this means they have certain extra previleages from a normal AD user Thanks, VirajPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 15th, 2012 1:51am

Hello, As described by Santhosh, Computer setting policies will help you to accomplish it. Here is the path:Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\"Change the Time Zone" Note:Make sure that user is not suppose to be local admin, if you want to restrict him/herRegards, Ravikumar P
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 15th, 2012 2:30am

hi Ravikumar and santosh, there is no user in the GPO that i applied Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\"Change the Time Zone i have just made enabling that policy however it is not working as the normal AD user is able to change the time, also he is not been added in the local administrator group Thanks, Viraj Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 15th, 2012 5:08am

Can you please post the snapshot of GPO applied ?Press any key... What the ... Where's any key ? This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. About Me ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 15th, 2012 5:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics