windows 2012 rdp login credentials are not used on Remoteapp connect dialog box

2012 servers are all patched to current levels. Most of the rds services are on one vm. The rdsh server is a separate vm. We have successfully run remoteapps. I am trying to nail down multi-user issues on a desktop.

Using a windows 8 desktop logged in as a@domain.net user. On this desktop I open IE10 browser to rdwa.domain.net/rdweb and login in as b@domain.net user. I complete a remoteapp, the remoteapp is closed,  the rdweb page is logged out and closed, and the "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\RemoteApp and Desktop Connections" is used to disconnect all connections.

Now when I log in to the rdweb page as c@domain.net user and select a remoteapp, the Remoteapp dialog box opens, I click "Show Details" and it shows that it will use the b@domain.net credentials from the previous session.

Where have I asked for this behaviour? I did ask the browser to save passwords but surely not for this purpose.

Gerald.

August 3rd, 2013 2:31pm

If I log in using a@domain.net user and the  "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\RemoteApp and Desktop Connections" method and click on the windows 8 tiles to access the remoteapp, it uses the correct credentials.

If a@domain.net is logged in , and the remoteapps are all closed, and I open the rdweb page and log in with b@domain.net credentials, the connection will still try to use c@domain.net credentials.

Very confusing.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 3rd, 2013 3:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics