windows 2008 server sharing problem with vista users
hi friends, i have windows 2008 server 64x with 25 vista users network setup. all the users having map network folder in server the problem, users can't access frequently the shared mapnetwork folder. All of my network users same thing. if i restart the server user can access the server without any problem...i will happen may be after fee days again....please friends if anybody have solution for this issue please let me know thanx
June 11th, 2009 9:02am

hi there, Please provide the following information for us to troubleshoot efficiently.a) does the mapnetwork fodler reside on SAN ? / external storage ? or is this folder local to the harddisk b) does the issue happens only with only shared folder / any folders which are shared on windows 2008 server.c) is there a specific time that clients gets disconnected to the shared folder ?d) what is the error messgae you see on the client when the issue occure) please do provide event id's from both client and server end. f) since when is the problem occuring ? is that after an update / driver updates / security patch ?sainath windows driver development.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 11th, 2009 11:15am

hi Sainath, first thanx for your reply, the answers, a) the map network folder on local server harddisk only b) all shared folder even i can't open server itself c)
June 11th, 2009 2:27pm

hi there, thanks for the information ,can you please test the same behavior locally by booting your server in safe mode with networking and check if \\localhost is successfulsainath windows driver development.
June 11th, 2009 4:28pm

Hi Sainath, sure i will do that.........Tnx
June 14th, 2009 10:07am

hi ashraf,did you had a chance to work on the issue , if so please do let us know the workaround ( if any ) or if you still having the issue please do reply back so that we will resume troubleshooting.sainath !analyze
July 21st, 2009 12:06pm

hi sainath, thanks man.......now i don't have any isssue with 2008 server bcoz a already downgrade to 2003 server......daily i have problem with 2008 server so there is no way to solve the issue......now i have time to do something else....anyway than you vrery much your cooperating....TC Regards, Ashraf Khan Abu Dhabi
August 8th, 2009 10:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics