windows 2008 resource kit tools
I am looking for Windows server 2008 Resource Kit Tools is it available as of now? thanks, umesh
January 7th, 2008 1:43pm

There are plans for several resource kits to be released around launch time. Some of the MS Press planned kiss include Windows Server 2008 Resource Kit Windows Server 2008 Security Resource Kit Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Resource Kit Internet Information Services 7.0 Resource Kit There is also a Hyper-V kit planned for around mid-year. Chuck
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 7th, 2008 6:42pm

Hi Chuck, Is the Windows Server 2008 Resource Kit available for download now? Can you send me a link? Thank you Pat
May 19th, 2008 11:20pm

Are the w2k8 reskit and support tools available yetTC
June 18th, 2008 4:29pm

Any updates on this? Is there a link for theServer 2008 tools? I am looking for the RESKIT tools and looking for fixes to the virtual cd rom and iso burning applications.Thanks!PaulWindows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
July 1st, 2008 9:45am

Hi Umesh, these are the contents, you can search of:Internet Information Services Tools Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 (Beta) Technical LibraryIIS Diagnostics Toolkit (x86)IIS Diagnostics Toolkit (x64)IIS Diagnostics Toolkit (ia64)IIS 7.0: IIS Administration ToolsIIS 7.0: IIS ManagerIIS 7.0: Appcmd.exeAppcmdUIInstallIIS 7.0: Configuration StoreIIS 7.0: Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)IIS 6.0 Resource Kit ToolsLog Parser 2.2Code Access Security Policy Tool (Caspol.exe)Develop a Native C\C++ Module for IIS7Microsoft FTP Publishing Service for IIS 7.0 (x64)Logging UI for IIS 7.0 on Window VistaPKGmgr.exe: Install IIS7 from the Command LineUnderstanding Setup in IIS7IIS7 on Server CoreDiscover Installed ComponentsGetMRegInstallIISLogsLite 2.0PortCheckIisSchema PowerShell Tools Windows PowerShell 1.0 Documentation PackWindows PowerShell OverviewHow to Download Windows PowerShell 1.0Scripting with Windows PowerShell The Script Center Script Repository: Sample Windows PowerShell ScriptsWhat Can I Do With Windows PowerShell?Writing PowerShell Command-lets for IIS7 MDOP Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software AssuranceMicrosoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software Assurance: Wipro Product Strategy and Architecture Practices Analysis of Features, Cost Benefits, and Effects on IT Best Practices that Improve IT Infrastructure OptimizationImproving Desktop Management with Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack Windows Administration Resource Kit: Productivity Solutions for IT Professionals Windows Server 2003 Tools Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 32-Bit Support Tools Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools Dsacls Overview Miscellaneous Tools Generate an Object Identifier (OID) ADSchemaAnalyzer Dsacls OverviewWQL (SQL for WMI)ADMX MigratorConnection Manager Administration Kit Sample Source Files for Customized HelpServer Manager Answer File SchemaWindows Vista Task SchedulerMicrosoft Premier Services Reporting Utility (PFE version)Virtual PC 2007Deploying the 2007 Office System Windows NT Backup - Restore UtilityMicrosoft Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5Microsoft Network Monitor 3.1Description of the BitLocker Drive Preparation ToolDescription of the Windows Installer CleanUp UtilityUpdating your offline files cache in Windows Vista to point to a new server Adobe PDF IFIlter v6.0SDDL Syntax HTA HTML Applications Shadow Copies Introduction to Shadow Copies of Shared FoldersShadow Copies for Shared Folders OverviewHow Volume Shadow Copy Service Works Internet Information Services Tools Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 (Beta) Technical LibraryIIS 7 Home PageIIS 7 OverviewIIS 7 WebcastsIIS Download Center.NET Home Page PowerShell Tools Windows PowerShell 1.0 Documentation PackWindows PowerShell: Now Part of Windows Server 2008 Beta 3Windows PowerShell OverviewHow to Download Windows PowerShell 1.0 Scripting with Windows PowerShell The Script Center Script Repository: Sample Windows PowerShell ScriptsWhat Can I Do With Windows PowerShell? System Center Data Operations Tools Microsoft System Center Data System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 Management Pack Guide for Operations Manager 2007Systems Center Operations Manager 2007 DocumentationSystem Center Configuration Manager 2007 ToolkitDynamic Systems InitiativeSystem Center Operations Manager System Center Configuration Manager System Center Data Protection ManagerSystem Center Essentials System Center Reporting Manager System Center Capacity PlannerAutomating IT Service Management with System Center Service ManagerSystem Center Virtual Machine ManagerSystems Management Server Home Page Windows Server 2008 Security Resource Kit Click to browse and install the Elevation Tools.Click to browse and install the PassGen Tool. Understanding IPv6, Second Edition Click to install the Network Monitor Captures.Click to install the RFCs and Drafts.Click to install the Training Slides.Best regards,AntonioEng.
July 1st, 2008 11:35am

Chuck,I think you misunderstood the question. The question is where do you get the group of tools contained within the 2000 and 2003 resource kits - downloads which contain tools, not documentation. So, the question remains, when/where are these tools going to be made available? I've found that some of these are now baked into Server itself, but others not. What gives?
August 15th, 2008 11:06pm

I see the book called resource kits but I do not see the tools like adsiedit or kerbtray. What is the x64 replacement for extract.exe and when are these tools going to be availiable for x64?
July 29th, 2009 9:51pm

I'm looking for a same thing. Any luck with finding a resource kit for 2008 server?
August 20th, 2010 4:57pm

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/book.aspx?ID=10345&locale=en-us I'm not sure if there are a specific set of tools as most of the tools released for 2003 are standard in 2008 and 2008 R2 and many of the 2003 and 2000 RK tools are still useful in 2008/2008 R2. -- Mike Burr
August 20th, 2010 8:05pm

sorry to dredge up this old thread, but it is well past launch and i still see no downloads of any sort, and this is a truly needed resource for any user that knows what they are doing. any news?
October 20th, 2010 6:44am

I too am still looking for this.
November 2nd, 2010 9:28pm

I am also still looking...Steve
December 1st, 2010 7:15pm

Windows server 2003 resource kit doesn't have the same functionality. Need to be able to see Attribute Editor in Active Directory for a new user build. Any luck with finding a resource kit for 2008 server?
December 2nd, 2010 7:32pm

Hello, the usual tool ADSIEDIT.MSC is installed automatically when AD DS (remote) administration is configured/selected. Bye.Thierry DEMAN. Exchange MVP. https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/MVPtdeman/profile (68 MCPs) http://base.faqexchange.info
January 4th, 2011 11:29am

Anyone know about the KRT.exe Key Recovery tool. We have delegated personal that restore EFS certificates that use this tool. the KRT.exe from the 2003 RK only works on XP and will not work on Windows 7 or 2008 R2. it does not like then version of CertUtil. For now I created a little PS script using CertiUtil to recover, but would love to have the update KRT tool.Bryan.oreilly@paccar.com
June 23rd, 2011 11:36pm

I also looking for the resource kit under 2008r2. A simple sleep.exe, ksh.exe, or other standard POSIX commands would be nice.
August 3rd, 2011 7:32pm

Got any solutions for this. I too need Resource kit for 2008 to Download or Buy... My requirement is to run to commands - FOREFILES and FREEDISK Or any work around to run the above commands? Thanks
August 9th, 2011 4:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics