windows 2008 r2 memory isues, page faults and large pool of available memory
that 2500 page-faults are during the 1.40 min perfmon scanns the memory, it recorded 4 mill in an 8 hr day for this one process, so i think i still have an issue....is there a way to tell IIS or other software/processes to use more ram....with 10gb available, the system should be able to add more data to memory and not have to make requests to the disk or new writes to the ram because it cannot find the data mapped in the curent ram map for this service/process....
March 7th, 2013 10:04am

or one more thought, should i point the finger at the software maker, not using IIS worker service and its memory mapping properly. causing the continious memory page faults....
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 7th, 2013 10:05am

i have a 2008 r2 up-to-date with patches running secure fusion software. when i look at taks manager i see in the processes view that there are upwards of 25,000 page faults for IIS server and other processes. The server has 16gb ram, 16gb virtual swap, and according to resource manager, the system is using 5gb of ram and has 10gb available....how can i get the system to use more ram or IIS to use more ram to srtote it data to reduce the amount of soft/hard page faults?
March 7th, 2013 4:38pm

The memory management in Windows is quite complex and is fully controlled by the OS. I dont think there is a build-in function in Windows to rectify the use of physical memory and/or virtual memory of an application. Its very normal for Page Faults value of a process to reach 25,000. It should not be a concern. Regards, Zhang TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback, please send your feedback here.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 7th, 2013 9:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics