windows 2008 r2 NLB cluster, does it support different subnet?
windows 2008 r2 NLB cluster, does it support different subnet? I like to implement NLB at 2 different subnet. is the new 2008 r2 support that?
August 26th, 2010 10:38am

Hi tommy, Tanks for post here. You mentioned that you want to implement NLB at 2 different subnet. Based on my understanding ,is that mean you want to distributes incoming client requests among the servers which in different subnet? If in that case , I think that can’t be implement .Because according the requirement of NLB ,all hosts in the NLB cluster must reside on the same subnet. However ,I’m appreciate that if you could describe in more detail about what you want to achieve or correct me if I misunderstand . Here are some articles that introduce how to implement network loading balance on windows server 2008 system for you reference: Overview of the Network Load Balancing Deployment Process http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771700(WS.10).aspx Network Load Balancing Step-by-Step Guide: Configuring Network Load Balancing with Terminal Services http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771300(WS.10).aspx Thanks. Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2010 4:48am

If you are trying to provide NLB services between two servers in different sites, you may consider having your Network administrator EXTEND the VLAN accross both sites so that the servers will be in the same subnet. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
August 27th, 2010 5:09am

Hi, Please feel free to let us know if the information was helpful to you. Thanks, Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.comPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2010 10:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics