windows 2008 access share
hi in a windows 2008 forest ( parent-chils domains) , i'm trying to access the shares on a dc in the child domain, with an enterprise admin account from a server member in the child domain. An authentication windows box open asking me to authenticate .If a type my credentials ( the same i'm locally connected) not access. If a type another username/password , it work...? i test the same setup in a windows 2003 environnement, no problemo.. How can you explain this? is it a new windows 2008 behavior on security or delegation...? thanks
September 14th, 2010 3:50am

It’s strange. Please try the steps below to test and for research. 1. Check the permission settings or the share, both Share permission and NTFS permission, make sure there is no Deny permission and Enterprise Admin has proper right to access this folder. 2. If the problem still occurs, try to give Enterprise Admin Full Control permission directly. Is there any progress? 3. Add a user who could access the share to Enterprise Admin group to test. What’s the result? Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 20th, 2010 6:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics