windows 2003 sp2 migration from forest.
I have a client that is requesting to have their child domain moved out of an existing forest with their previous IT company. They have one server without exchange running. win2003 sp2 domain and forest functional level is 2003. abc.test.vendor.net they would like to take the abc domain out an create it as a new domain. ournewdomain.com I have been looking at the ADMT guide and it discusses not supporting splitting a forest into two seperate forests. Is there an easy way to move them out with users/computers so as not to have to go to each computer and rejoin and mess with all the user profiles? As well as shares/permissions? thanks for any help
September 3rd, 2010 6:53pm

Hi, As far as I know, we could migrate the abc domain to a new Forest and delete abc in the original forest. It’s not a splitting, but its effect is splitting. You may try this procedure. Make sure to backup original Forest before removing abc. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 6th, 2010 11:25am

Hi, Do you need any other assistance? If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 9th, 2010 10:11am

Is there a document that discusses this... "As far as I know, we could migrate the abc domain to a new Forest and delete abc in the original forest." thank you
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2010 5:44pm

Hi, I’m afraid there is no official document about this. It’s suggested to setup a test environment to implement this plan first. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 10th, 2010 5:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics