windows 2003 security configuration wizard fails with access denied
I have a Windows 2003 Ent server that we just installed Quick Books on. When we try to email an invoice we get the error that the security configuration has blocked the operation. I tried to edit the policy and receive the following error: Any ideas on what to try? I have checked all the .Net installs. I tried to remove the SCW and reload. Thanks for the help in advance. Devin
May 15th, 2012 2:34pm

Hi, I'd like to confirm there is no antivirus software block SCW form writing to the registry. If there is, please disable its registry protection in order to apply the SCW changes and then turn it back on again. Hope this helps! Best Regards Elytis Cheng TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Elytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 15th, 2012 11:01pm

We use Symantec End Point protection. I have tried to disable it and it still fails shortly after launching the apply portion of the wizard. I looked at the keys permissions and the system and administrator have full permissions.Devin
May 16th, 2012 10:11am

Hi, This problem may occur if your account cannot create Services.inf file in ConfigureFiles folder. Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\security\msscw, right-click ConfigureFiles folder, choose Properties, switch to Security tab, is your account or group have enough permission to create file? Hope this helps! Best regards Elytis ChengElytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
May 16th, 2012 11:05pm

I had this problem with McAfee AntiVirus. Although I had been disabled it, but the problem still existed. I suggest you to uninstall the anti virus on the problematic server, reboot the server and test your scenario again (as some files may be in locked state even after disabling the anti virus). Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
May 17th, 2012 4:37am

Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as Answered as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish. BTW, wed love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts. Best Regards Elytis ChengElytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
May 21st, 2012 5:43am

I have uninstalled the SEPP to no avail. It still stops and fails with the same 2 errors. Devin
May 21st, 2012 1:36pm

It has not been resolved!Devin
May 21st, 2012 1:37pm

Hello, Thank you for your post. This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue. Best Regards Elytis ChengElytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
May 22nd, 2012 1:55am

Hi Devin, Please check both Administrator and system had full control on C:\WINDOWS\security\msscw\ConfigureFiles\Services.inf. SCW "access is denied" issue is very frequent. It is a known issue when there is McAfee product installed. Please double check if there is any McAfee product installed. Besides, please check if there is any other security program which provides registry protection. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
May 22nd, 2012 7:13am

Hi, Any update on the issue? Thanks, BrianPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
May 25th, 2012 2:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics