windows 2000 winmgtm error
I have a windows 2000 computer and every 10 sec a message keeps popping up that says " winmgtm.exe has generated errors and will close by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. Is there any way I can fix this problem, I use this computer to run some equipment at work. Thanks for your help
December 26th, 2011 10:32am

The microsoft kb articles are now mostly gone for Windows 2000 http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/tips/jsi-tip-5281-windows-xp-reports-that-windows-management-instrumentation-wmi-might-be-corrupted- Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 26th, 2011 11:08am

Did you check this resolution. CAUSE This behavior can occur if files in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder become corrupted. The error message appears repeatedly because Winmgmt.exe polls the files every 30 to 60 seconds. RESOLUTION To resolve this behavior, delete and then recreate the files in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder: 1. On the Desktop, right-click My Computer , and then click Manage. 2. Under Services and Applications , click Services , and then stop the Windows Management Instrumentation service. 3. Delete all of the files that are in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder. 4. Restart the computer. The files are recreated when the computer restarts. Thanks
December 26th, 2011 11:13am

The microsoft kb articles are now mostly gone for Windows 2000 http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/tips/jsi-tip-5281-windows-xp-reports-that-windows-management-instrumentation-wmi-might-be-corrupted- Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 26th, 2011 6:58pm

Did you check this resolution. CAUSE This behavior can occur if files in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder become corrupted. The error message appears repeatedly because Winmgmt.exe polls the files every 30 to 60 seconds. RESOLUTION To resolve this behavior, delete and then recreate the files in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder: 1. On the Desktop, right-click My Computer , and then click Manage. 2. Under Services and Applications , click Services , and then stop the Windows Management Instrumentation service. 3. Delete all of the files that are in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder. 4. Restart the computer. The files are recreated when the computer restarts. Thanks
December 26th, 2011 7:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics