windows 2000 server OS with ms access 2003 database error opening files
Hello,MasterJediJeff here, do I have a problem or what! I know this cannot be the only instance of the error I am going to talk about, so..... any words of wisdom would be ok with me.First off I tried the Jedi Mind trick on this database but I'm guessing it is smarter then me.two weeks ago we had a power outage at our facility, maintenance, so all the servers were powered down and remained off for several hours. the next day, Monday, a user called me and said the access database on the 01 server gave a error when opening it, said the file had been corrupted and needed to repair itself. the user clicked the OK button and still it did not open, gave her this error message The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'MSysDb'. Make sure the object exist and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. So that’s why the user called me, simple fix I thought. so I found a backup of this db renamed it to the correct path and file name, all went well, user said it opened and was functional. Later in the afternoon the company did a companywide password change, even all administrator passwords were changed.So.. the next morning the user called and said the same problem occurred, when opening the file so I found the copy renamed it, posted it, and nothing worked, received error massage again, even the backup gave the same error massage, by this time I was looking for my light saber and do some aggressive negotiations with the db.so I sheathe the saber and did everything under the sun to repair it, to no avail I am writing for online help!after I changed the admin passwords for the db and tried to open the access 2003 file this is the new error I am getting "The Microsoft Office Access database engine could not find the object 'MSysDb'. Make sure the object exist and that you spell its name and the path name correctly." so, thanks in advance for those of you that can help me Jeff H
October 9th, 2009 4:34pm

Hello, According to the description, the issue seems to be related to Office product. As we mainly focus on the general question about Windows Server system and here is not the best support resource for Office product, it is recommend you to get further support in office discussion groups For your convenience, I have list the related link as followed. Office Discussion Groups http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx Hope the issue will be resolve soon.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 16th, 2009 12:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics