win2008R2 vpn server doesn't allow remote users connect via vpn connectionwithout Authentication

hi friends

i have a windows 2008R2 vpn server (i haven't installed NPS service on this server)

in RRAS console,properties on server name, security tab,Authentication methods, at the bottom there is a chek mark ""Allow remote systems without Authentication"

i select it & restart RRAS service, but again remote users if don't enter any username or password in their vpn connection or if enter wrong username or password, vpn server doesn't allow the to connect & displays two types of erros: error 806

so how can provide remote vpn users connect to my network vpn server without be required to enter any username and password?  is any additional steps required?

thanbks in advance

September 25th, 2013 10:25pm

Error 806 means that port translation may not be setup correctly. That requires GRE also known as Protocol ID 47 - (It's not a port), and TCP 1723. Some routers/firewalls refer to Protocol ID 47/GRE as "PPTP Passthrough." Consult the router documentation on how to setup that up.

More on VPN Errors:

Troubleshooting common VPN related errors
http://blogs.technet.com/b/rrasblog/archive/2009/08/12/troubleshooting-common-vpn-related-errors.aspx

-

Even if RRAS is not set for authentication, if a user tries to get in, AD does want authentication. I'm not exactly sure why you want to allow VPN without authentication (maybe I'm missing something?), but I think it's best to setup authentication for security reasons.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 26th, 2013 7:07am

Error 806 means that port translation may not be setup correctly. That requires GRE also known as Protocol ID 47 - (It's not a port), and TCP 1723. Some routers/firewalls refer to Protocol ID 47/GRE as "PPTP Passthrough." Consult the router documentation on how to setup that up.

More on VPN Errors:

Troubleshooting common VPN related errors
http://blogs.technet.com/b/rrasblog/archive/2009/08/12/troubleshooting-common-vpn-related-errors.aspx

-

Even if RRAS is not set for authentication, if a user tries to get in, AD does want authentication. I'm not exactly sure why you want to allow VPN without authentication (maybe I'm missing something?), but I think it's best to setup authentication for security re

September 29th, 2013 2:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics