wifi authentication
hi all , i have to authenticate my outside domain laptop to wifi access point . this access point is defined as radius client to the radius server already installed. when the laptop attempt to connect to the wifi ,a log in window should appear , where we should enter a username and password of any user present in active directory else the connection could not be established , any one can help ?? i need evry possible details , i will be so gratfull !! Regards
July 23rd, 2012 9:29pm

hi all , i have to authenticate my outside domain laptop to wifi access point . this access point is defined as radius client to the radius server already installed. when the laptop attempt to connect to the wifi ,a log in window should appear , where we should enter a username and password of any user present in active directory else the connection could not be established , any one can help ?? i need evry possible details , i will be so gratfull !! Regards
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 23rd, 2012 9:33pm

Hi Miss UG, assuming that you have a Windows 7 laptop please check these settings: - Left mouse click on the wireless symbol in the systray - Click on "Open Network and Sharing Center" - Click "Manage Wireless networks" in the upper left corner - Right mouse click on your wireless network name - Click the Security tab - Verify the "Security type" should be WPA-Enterprise or better WPA2-Enterprise - In "Choose a network authentication method" select "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)" - Click on Settings - In "Select Authentication Method" select "Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2" - Click on Configure - Uncheck "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password" - Ok, Ok, Ok Now you should see the wireless logon prompt. Regards, Lutz
July 23rd, 2012 11:47pm

Hi, You can also choose password-based authentication method, such as MS-CHAP v2 or PAP. There is no certificate need to be deployment. You only need verify that both device and NPS server supported method you choose. Password-Based Authentication Methods http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732393(v=ws.10).aspx Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 24th, 2012 10:35pm

Hi, You can also choose password-based authentication method, such as MS-CHAP v2 or PAP. There is no certificate need to be deployment. You only need verify that both device and NPS server supported method you choose. Password-Based Authentication Methods http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732393(v=ws.10).aspx Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
July 24th, 2012 10:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics