why member server disjoin from a domain
I've been given an assignment by my lecturer to get reasons why was a member server disjoin from a domain. And how to troubleshoot the issue. Anyone has any idea on this?
July 15th, 2009 2:57am

Hello,Servers can not disjoin itself from the domain. So you may want to start by questioning the administrators of the member server.Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 15th, 2009 3:50am

Hi Mimin,As far as I know, member servers in a domain won't be automatically disjoin from the domain.In this case, to troubleshoot the issue, you may try to ask that administrator of the member server "do you ever see any error message on that problematic member server?" and "what is the sypthom that you cab see?"Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
July 15th, 2009 11:20am

Hello,a member server will never automatically unjoin from a domain. So this assignment from your teacher doesn't make sense for me. Maybe you can redefine your question that we can better understand what you are trying to ask.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
July 15th, 2009 2:07pm

oo, is it? Actually the question is: A server was not able to be accessed through domain account and found that the server is in WORKGROUP and not join in the domain.What are the possibilities that can caused the member server from losing trust with the Domain Controller and the solution to solve this issue? Do you guys have any opinions about this question?
July 16th, 2009 5:38pm

Hello,again as above, a server will NEVER automatically leave the domain and join into workgroup. This requires manual work on the server. And it didn't loose the "trust" with the DC, it is just removed from the domain from a local administrator on that server. So find that person and ask her/him about. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
July 20th, 2009 3:01am

Emm, now understood. I'm gona present the topic today and I'll ask my lecturer about this. Thank you very much guys for your help.
July 24th, 2009 4:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics