where to find a list of files that are replaced during server 2003 repair procedure?
Hi all, Does anyone knows where can i find the list of system files that are replaced during the repair procedure? i did i repair of server 2003 os -and i would like to know which file system files was replaced in this process. thanks in advance.
May 16th, 2011 1:32pm

Assuming you mean an in-place upgrade. I doubt if there is such a list and would depend on whether you used gold or slipstreamed media. Probably almost all files in the \windows and \system32 directories. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 16th, 2011 1:48pm

Hello, You can look at layout.inf, since installing the OS, that is the list of OS files that are copied during setup, overwriting what is currently on the system.Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. VAMT - Volume Activation Management Tool - Download link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ec7156d2-2864-49ee-bfcb-777b898ad582&displaylang=en
May 16th, 2011 2:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics