where can i retrieve my cd keys from?
Hello,When i signed up for the server 2008 enterprise ed. trial i recieved a cd key. I seem to have lost this, where can i retrieve this from as i need to continue evaluating Windows Server 2008Any help would be much appreciatedDominic Taylorravagilli@hotmail.com
April 17th, 2008 11:55am

Not sure how you can retrieve the key, other than going throughthe download process again. However, if you need more time to evaluate Windows Server 2008, the 60 day evaluation period may be reset (or re-armed) three times, extending the original 60 day evaluation period by up to 180 days for a total possible evaluation time of 240 days. After that, you will need to uninstall the software or upgrade to a fully-licensed version of Windows Server 2008. If you wish to extend the initial evaluation and testing period,go here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948472 -Stuart Hudman
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 17th, 2008 2:26pm

Hi, The trial CD key is only for testing purpose, which provides you the initial 60 days evaluation period. If you want o extend the evaluation period, please refer to Goatherder's post. For more information about Windows Server 2008 Product Activation, please refer to the following: Windows Server 2008 Product Activation http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/product-activation.aspx After the total 240 days evolution day, if you still want to use this Windows server 2008 enterprise, please consider upgrading to a full-licensed version of Windows server 2008 enterprise. To do so, please purchase the license of Windows server 2008 enterprise firstly, and refer to the following method to change the product key: Change Product Key (normal way) 1)Click the Start button 2) Right-click Computer and select Properties 3) Click "Change Product Key" 4) Enter the Product Key from your VistaUpgrade box (confirm on the box that thekey is for Ultimate) 5) Follow the steps provided. 6) When asked to Activate try over the Internet, if you receive any error, Activate by Phone Change Product Key (command line) 1) Click on the Start Button andtype: CMD 2) CMD.exe will show in the search results 3) Right-click CMD.exe and select "Run as Administrator" 4)In the administrator command prompt, type in slmgr.vbs -ipk <insert your product key here> 5) Press Enter I hope this helps. Best wishes --------------Morgan Che Microsoft Online Community Support
April 18th, 2008 11:33am

I have lost the product key it was an evaluation version of 2008 server, but i had registred using my hotmail.com id is it possible to retrive from my earlier evaluation susbcription from microsoft.com. regards Abhijith
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 11th, 2008 9:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics