what problom for my windows media server?
if i connect with local link like this one, mms://WMS.corp.domain.local/TEST I can connect it and no any problom, but if I try to connect via internet like mms://domain.com/test i will get the error for can't find the files, what problom for my server, how can i fix it?
April 14th, 2009 12:04pm

Hi Nicolas, First I am sorry that I posted a wrong reply a few minutes ago. That post should be posted in another thread discussing a Windows Deployment Services issue. Therefore, I deleted that post and your previous reply in this thread. I apologize for any confusion this has caused to you. Now lets focus on this issue: I would like to know if other computers in your domain can access the media via mms://domain.com/test. I am afraid that WMS.corp.domain.local is your company intranet site while domain.com is an Internet site. If the media file is located in your company intranet site, you should only use WMS.corp.domain.local to access it and cannot use domain.com to access it. An intranet is a private computer network that uses Internet technologies to securely share any part of an organization's information or operational systems with its employees. Computers outside the Intranet cannot access data shared in the Intranet. This is for security purpose. As a result, you cannot access the data shared in your company Intranet using a Internet site. Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 14th, 2009 1:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics