what can I use to clone partition?
I have a dell poweredge 2900 III, 8 GB ram, windows 2008 srv 64 bit, raid controller perc 6 sc, ONE raid virtual disk of 300 GB with 3 partition: c for os, d for data (shared folderd) and E with exchange 2007 database. I need to extend all the partition adding more disks to the raid array, but as the partition are contiguous I cannot add space to C and D but only to the last E. So I need to clone all my partion to a new phisical disk (bigger). Under server 2003 I've done it with notron ghost 2003, booting from a key. Is still possible to use ghost or are there other better solution? Thank you Alessandro Belli alex
June 26th, 2012 8:08am

Hello, You just need to mirror the array to your new hard drive using some utility like Acronis True Image or Ghost. I think ghost 2003 should still work because it doesn't matter whether the OS is Windows 2003 or Windows 2008. Please take a look at the below URL or consult Symantec for more. How can you tell if Ghost Solution Suite will work to capture or restore an image of a server using a RAID array? http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH110337&locale=en_US Thanks Zhang
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 27th, 2012 3:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics