weired networking problems in conjunction with DFS
- Have a Windows 2003 Fileserver "server1" with a fileshare named "group"- Can access this share from a Windows 2008 server (SP2)- Create on another server "server2" a domain DFS root called "group", without any targets at the beginning.! From now, accessing \\server1\group from "server2" (or another server)connects me to the empty DFS root on "server2". Have verified that server1 and server2 have the correct DNS- and WINS entires. Can also access any other share on server1 without any problems. But a trace from network monitor shows that a SMB connection is made to server2 instead of server1! Delete the DFS root "group" on server2. Now, when trying to access \\server1\group, I'm getting a network error 0x80070043, "the network name cannot be found"! run on the Windows 2008 server with the error above "dfsutil.exe cache referral flush". From that moment on, access to \\server1\group works fine again.Can anyone give me a hint what's going on here? I'm lost, thank you all in advance for any help.Franz
November 23rd, 2009 7:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics