vpn problem with internal websites
i have installed a vpn server at windows 2008 server and i can connect with and use it, but when connect to vpn i can't browse internal website on my server however i can ping them
March 7th, 2010 1:03am

Have you checked the DNS client settings when you are connected via VPN? If the client cannot properly resolve the host name of the internal website, you will not be able to access the resource in that manner. Since you can access it via PING, that is an indication that connectivity to the resource is accessible.If you are using 2008 for VPN services, you may want to check the configuraiton in RRAS. Visit my blog: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2010 4:05pm

thank you, but i also can' access my other sites with ip
March 10th, 2010 12:52am

I understand that you can validate network connectivity via PING. That is a good thing. I was recommending that you check the RRAS server for the DNS configuration. Otherwise, you may also want to check the TCP/IP settings when you connect via VPN, by opening a command prompt and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. What is the DNS server that you are pointing to when you connect? Are you able to resolve any host names? You can use NSLOOKUP (in the command prompt) to help you troubleshoot.Visit my blog: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 10th, 2010 5:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics