virtual network adapter remove sbs2008
I can't remove Virtual Network adapter's form Device manager created by Hyper-V Managerin SBS2008. I able to enable /disable but can't remove. In Hyper-V -> Virtulal Network manager there is only one Virtual network adapter. I can press uninstall but nothing happend, no error message. Any idea how to solve this problem.
June 17th, 2009 6:04pm

hi there, i see that issue is more likely with the SBS server , and i would recommend you to post your query under appropriate sbs group . If SBS group feels the issue is not with them , we are more happy to assist you further.Regarding the Windows Small Business Server issue, please post to the Windows Small Business Server discussion group. The support professionals there are better equipped to assist you. For your convenience, Ive included the link of Windows Small Business Server discussion group: Discussions in Windows Small Business Server Generalhttp://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs SBS08 Public Newsgroupshttps://connect.microsoft.com/cougar/content/content.aspx?ContentID=8333Also i would suggest you to post your query under Hyper-v forum http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverhyperv/threadsbest of luck.sainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 17th, 2009 7:55pm

Hi, First of all, as Sainath said, you didn't get the correct forum for you question. Secondly, I am a bit confused about your environment. In order to do the further research, please provide us more information. 1. You mentioned that "I can't remove Virtual Network adapter's form Device manager created by Hyper-V Manager in SBS2008." Actually, we can just UNINSTALL a device from Device Manager instead of REMOVE. I'd like to confirm whether what you want to said is uninstall the device from the Device Manager? Did you get any errors when you try to "remove" the adapter? 2. You mentioned that "In Hyper-V -> Virtulal Network manager there is only one Virtual network adapter. " I am confused here. In Hyper-V manager---->Virtual Network Manager, you will never see any Virtual Network Adapters. You can create Virtual Network such as External Virtual Network, Internal Virtual Network and Private Virtual Network. We will be very clear to get your concern if you send us the screen shot. In addition, I recommend that you have a read of the following articles about Hyper-V networking: Understanding Networking with Hyper-V http://blogs.msdn.com/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2008/01/08/understanding-networking-with-hyper-v.aspx How does basic networking work in Hyper-V? http://blogs.technet.com/jhoward/archive/2008/06/16/how-does-basic-networking-work-in-hyper-v.aspx Configuring Virtual Networks http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc816585.aspx Best regards, Vincent Hu
June 18th, 2009 7:06am

Hi 1. Correct...Uninstall ,there is no Remove ! No error message! nothing happend :-(2.From the beginning...I'll try add virtual network (Hyper-V manager-> Virtual Network Manager->Create virtual networkinterna,external...just testing....so I add some Virtual Networkand the system is creatingthe v networktoo long and I stop it throught Task manager and try again with another setting. After that I see to Device manager and there is +3 New Virtual Networks with same names what Iwritewhen I creating the virtual networks. I thingHyper-V create this network adapters, but I dont have these Virtual network in Virtual Network Manager.So I would like to delete these adapters.LS
June 18th, 2009 7:03pm

Hi, According to the description, it seems that you encountered some problems when you create the Virtual Network, but not involved VMs. Please uninstall Hyper-V and then install Hyper-V role again. At this time, please create the Virtual Network you want, please wait for the process of creating. Note: Don't disturb the process of creating Virtual Network. Best regards, Vincent Hu
June 19th, 2009 8:46am

Hi Vincent,When I tried to create a Hyper-V virtual network on my SBS 2008 box , the process went on for more than a day!..I had to forcefully shut it down however a virtual network was created. However if I have my server doing heavy transfers it brings down the entire network.C# Fan! ananda84(at)gmail(dot)com
September 10th, 2009 9:49am

Hi, Please initial a new post in this form and provide details about your environment. Thanks for your understanding. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
September 11th, 2009 5:12am

I had the exact same problem. I had to install a new ethernet card because my intel card was not supported and panic'ed the kernel. The Virtual Network (3) was left behindby the old connection and I could not get it to go away.My new card would not bind to it. I am running 2008 R2 with a 64 bit windows 7 guest and 32 bit windows xp for compatibility of some older hardware I like.What I did is:0. In Hyper-V I removed all network defintions from the guest OSs and the network manager.1. On the Server R2 network configuration screen I disabled the Virtual Network.2. In the Hype-V I defined a new network interface called "wired lan" on the new card which I had already configured in Server 2008 r2.3. I linked the new "wired lan" interface to each guest OS.When I finished, the process created another Virtual network interface on Server 2008 R2 and everthing worked.I tried to delete the old interface but could not get it to go away. I read an article which indicated you can un-check all the services and delete the interface. I will try that tonight.
November 17th, 2009 12:04am

I know this thread is old but just for the record you can remove that pesky adapter by installing a different driver for it like the loopback adapter driver then uninstall it!
May 11th, 2011 11:48pm

I installed vista on my bin, Thanks for that - great help and exactly the answer i was looking for
June 30th, 2011 8:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics