using system recovery
I inserted an sd card in my computer and it shut off at same instant like a power failure. It stated to boot up like normal but kept going to the screen asking me what mode to start up in i tried normal twice and safe twice. Neither worked. it would just keep coming back to that same screen. I went on to restore from a dvd i created using system restore. it stated coping files and half way through it said insert disc two. I had only one. I didn't lose it either it made only one. I then tried the orignal restoe disc that i had i said same thing. insert disc two. I then restarted the computer and tried just using that resore disc insted of the one I made. It worked. But I had lost everything. I chose the option to create backup using 4 gig of space. I did get all my stuff back. It took a whole day of downloading updates and programs, what a pain. Does creating a backup restore my computer and everthing i put in it? (In theory) or just the orginal stuff it came with. if that's the casewhy create a backup when it came with one. Any way don't get why it asked for disc two when I only had one. after I got it all working I made another backup disc it only made one disc again. lol Does anybody know why it asks for disc two when there is no disc two?
January 10th, 2010 8:00pm

What operating system and service pack?Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 10th, 2010 8:13pm

Hi ,Did you had any progress on the issue ?, please let us know if you need assistance and as Dave mentioned provide us the OS version.
January 16th, 2010 6:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics