users with administrator authority can not change the custom level in IE8 security tab on 64 bit windows server 2008
Hi I created an new account named Cheryl whose authority is administrator on 64 bit windows server 2008. The user can not change the custom level in IE8 security tab (internet options\security\custom level is disabled). Does it have something to do with Group or Security policies? An interesting thing is this problem does not happen in 32 bit windows server 2008 Hope someone can help me with this problem Thanks
June 16th, 2009 6:37am

Hello,is the server domain member and the user is locally created or local administrators group member? Then make sure no domain policy is configured.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 16th, 2009 6:49am

Hi, The user is locally created and assigned in administrators group.This is my first time maintaining a server, therefore, could you please provide me with clearer information?1.Are there any settings I can do in Local Security Policy to fix this problem?2. I could not find Domain Security Policy in Adminstrative Tools on windows server 2008. Do I need to install it?Thanks
June 16th, 2009 9:13pm

Hi, I noticed that the domain\administrator account has the right to set custom levels in IE8, windows server 2008 r2, but a member of the admin domain group cannot. Is there any other way to enable this feature without making changes to the IE ESC configuration? What is the point of having this feature if we need to disable it to do such things as download the windows platform installer or other microsoft related updates/products? What else am I limited to not being a member of the local administrator or domain\administrator? Can I setup a group policy of some sort to allow this to occur? Thanks, Jasonjason
February 22nd, 2010 6:13pm

Simple, use Firefox.http://ricardomura.spaces.live.com
March 3rd, 2010 8:47am

Just adding as additional information for the search engines. This behavior also happens if by accident you disable the scripts in your developer dashboard.Hope this helps, Koen Vosters http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kvosters
March 8th, 2012 6:43am

Just adding as additional information for the search engines. This behavior also happens if by accident you disable the scripts in your developer dashboard. Hope this helps, Koen Vosters http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kvosters Hi I seem to have this issue on my domain account with Windows Server 8 Beta and we do not have a provision of disabling Internet Explorer Enhanced Security on Server 8 Beta. Also its IE 10 CPE on the Windows Server 8 Beta.
April 10th, 2012 2:31pm

Thanks, its working
June 6th, 2012 8:49am

i guess it dose now,i've had this problem for a long time, and seems noboby in the microsoft channel,knows what to do about the problem, been there done that,,?
November 4th, 2012 6:34pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics