user profile service service failed the logon
I have a windows 2008 server in a domain running remote desktop and xenapp 6. Attempting to copy local user profiles from one server to this one it errored. Now I cannot log into the server with no one but the admin account. I've went through the registry and there are no sids with the .bak and I'm having a problem with. Simply wanted to log in as another user than admin. Any suggestions. Also, I tried the last know crap too that never works on a server.
May 13th, 2011 4:44pm

Hello, what local profile are you copying? When using RD you should have also configured user profiles to a central share and work with folder redirection. So please clarify the setup about the profile.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 15th, 2011 8:31am

The local user profile on the server. Not sure where to or how to with the central share.
May 16th, 2011 9:07am

Hi, In Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7, the Copy To button has disabled on the User Profiles screen. For more information, please check the following link: Configuring Default User Settings – Full Update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 http://blogs.technet.com/b/deploymentguys/archive/2009/10/29/configuring-default-user-settings-full-update-for-windows-7-and-windows-server-2008-r2.aspx Please clarify how you “Attempting to copy local user profiles from one server to this one it errored”, and what the error was? According to your description, you have attempted to copy local user profile from another server to this Windows Server 2008, now this 2008 server could not be logged on except using the administrator account. Please write down the detailed error when logging on with domain user. After logging on with administrator accounts, can you find any errors in the Event Log? If so, please write down the detailed error message here for research. Thanks. NinaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 17th, 2011 6:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics