user permissions

Hello Experts,

we have report but I dont have permission to view the folders and reports under those folders. issue here is I am able to view all the folders and reports which I am not suppose to.

could anyone suggest me on the same please.

thanks,

Prasad

August 20th, 2015 6:54am

Hello,

Ask your DBA/IT dept to fix the permissions for you.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 7:00am

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

under security tab we see that builtinadministrator with content manager role.

any suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Prasad

August 20th, 2015 7:07am

Hi ,

Please follow the below link

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2793/sql-server-reporting-services-2012-permissions/

August 20th, 2015 8:50am

Pyalcari,

Is there someone who can see this folder that you should have permissions to? Assuming you are the SSRS administrator, you might ask that you be temporarily be granted administrator access to the server (thus placing your user in the builtin\administrators group) so you can fix the permissions.

August 20th, 2015 9:24am

Hi Prasad, 

According to your description, you cannot see the folders and reports which under the folders, right? 

In your scenario, can you see other folders and only one folder you cannot see?  If so, you can check if the Hide in titel view is selected. Since this checkbox is selected, the folder will be hidden in the Home page. You can click Details View to see all the folders. 

If you cannot see any folders on Home page, you can directly type the link to a folder or report to see if you can view the  folder or report. If this operation is successfully, you may have the permission to access to sub folder but no permission to access the home folder. You need to ask your IT to get the right permission. For more detail information, please refer to this thread: SSRS 2008 Unable to view reports or folders in Report Manager without admin account

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask. 

Regards, 
Shrek Li

August 20th, 2015 11:21pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics