upd 2012r2

Dear reader,

I have 5 rds 2012r2 in a session collection. I have upd pointed to a single file server. This all wordks fine.

Now i'm migrating upd to another file server.

When changing the path to the new file server, two servers are missing in the share and ntfs rights that the session collection sets at the new file server. I added them manually. Now it seems that users get event 1511 after logging in on one of these rds servers. Does anyone have a clue why these two rds servers are beahving different than the others? And why the session collection cannot add the rights correctly?

Beste regards,

Ruud Boersma

August 25th, 2015 7:34am

Hi Ruud,  
Based on my research, migrate user profile disk directly from one drive to another could cause permission lost which leads to user profile problems.

Please migrate user profile disk files with perserved permissions using either Xcopy.exe utility with the /O or the /X switch,  or Robocopy.exe (without adding inheritable permissions from the parent folder).

More information for you:

Migrating User Profile Disks in Remote Desktop Services
http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2015/05/06/migrating-user-profile-disks-in-remote-desktop-services.aspx

Best Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2015 1:59pm

Dear Amy,

Thanks for your answer. I know about the article you refer to. But this isn't the problem. The problem is that the session collection mechanism doesn't set the rights (share and ntfs) for 2 of the 5 rds servers in the collection. After setting it manually, users are given a tmep profile on these two servers, it works perfect for the other three servers.

August 31st, 2015 8:54am

Hi Ruud,

The problem is that the session collection mechanism doesn't set the rights (share and ntfs) for 2 of the 5 rds servers in the collection. After setting it manually, users are given a tmep profile on these two servers, it works perfect for the other three servers.

My apologies for my misunderstanding.

In my test environment, session hosts computer account has full control on both Security and Share tab of UPD folder, kindly verify this.

Best Regards,

Amy

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 11:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics