ubuntu 12.04 dont start automatically or load the services

hi.

recently i install a ubuntu 12.04 server on windows virtualization 2008.  The install process was without problems.  But when restart, present some stranges issues.

1.  the virtual machine cant start automatically.  Is necesary access to the console and press ENTER to boot the ubuntu.

2. when the boot process finish (without report errors),  is necessary load the services manually.  The server only show the services ssh running (when install the server, only select install that server initialy).  By example: if install postfix por apache2, the system create the rc links and automatize the startup of that services automatically, but if i restart the virtual server, that services are not loaded.  Is necesary run in the server the command to load it (service apache2 start or /etc/init.d/apache2 start).

some body here was experiment some similar issue?  

thanks in advance.

• Moved by BrianEhMVP Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:00 PM
February 12th, 2014 7:54pm

Hi there! Unfortunately, Server 2008 is no longer supported. Is it possible for you to at least upgrade to Server 2008 R2? If you still see the issue on Server 2008 R2, I am happy to debug it for you. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by ChicoTech 13 hours 52 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 13th, 2014 7:33am

1. For automatic start of VM, there is an option in Settings (Setting is done when VM is down.)

2. You need to install integration services. I am not sure if there are official integration services in Windows 2008 R2. This would tell someone from Ubuntu forum(s)

3. I do not know Ubuntu internals but expect that there is log file that can be used for boot process analysis.

4. Hope you use legacy NIC setting

5. I would install Ubuntu without GUI in expert mode

People report that there are less troubles in WS2012(R2) and MS guys say that some Linux brands are Hyper-V VM compatible. So you may gain if you migrate to the latest Windows operating system.

Regards

Milos

February 15th, 2014 2:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics