trouble with other internal drives being seen by explorer
my server 2003 does not see any off my other internal drives or my external hdd backup. how do i turn this on?
April 3rd, 2010 3:25am

As when doing any troubleshooting start with Event Viewer. Any errors in Event Viewer? Do the drives that don't appear in Windows Explorer appear in Device Manager and/or Disk Management? If they appear in Device Manager and Disk Management then they just likely need to have drive letters assigned to them in Disk Management. Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 3rd, 2010 6:51am

yes i see it in the manager but not on explore how to i see them, can't use external back up if you can't find it
April 3rd, 2010 8:12am

In Disk Management you need to riight-click the partitions for which no drive letter has been assigned, click Change Drive Letter and Paths and then assign a drive letter. For future reference, this news group is for security issues related to Windows Server and not for general configuration questions (which is what your question is). Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 3rd, 2010 8:38am

thanks I will try that, sorry to be on the wrong page, which one would have been better to use?
April 6th, 2010 4:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics