the user account does not have permission to run this task
I created a scheduled task via Group Policy. The account has been given admin and still doesn't work. I keep getting the error "the user account does not have permission to run this task". This is really frustrating because all the tasks I have that run under the SYSTEM account work fine. This is my first try with a domain account in a scheduled task under 2008 R2 and there is definitly something wrong. I'm having a fustration moment so if anyone can tell me WTF that would be nice. Thanks.
January 13th, 2011 9:06pm

hi , Make sure you provide administrator priviliges to both user and the folder and each of the batch file try giving full permission and let us know
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 13th, 2011 9:37pm

I think it has something to do with group policy. It worked fine manually creating the process.
January 17th, 2011 10:20am

Old thread, but presented for benefit of others... I believe David Jenkins has it exactly right. It's another GPP bug. I pushed a GPP Task from GPMC in WS2008 R2 SP1 to another WS2008 R2 SP1 server. The Task runs under domain credentials (which also happen to have local Administrators membership). When the Task is created, I get the same "the user account does not have permission to run this task" message. If I export the Task to XML, delete the task, then import the XML file, the presumably identical Task thus created runs without problems. I'm going to post this in the Partner support group and hopefully it will be filed as a bug.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 28th, 2011 11:49pm

Agreed. The account I was using was a domain admin and has rights to everything.David Jenkins
March 29th, 2011 12:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics