the pc can not log in the domain
This PC was connected to the domain as soon the conection failed and was reestablish some days go by, now it won`tlog to the domain. I tried changing the name in the domain, reset the account of the pc in the active directory, reservation in the DHCp, change the IP manually locally, IPconfig renew, flushdns, If I ping the domain the domain respond 100%. I even log in the doamin once after the conection reestablishment, but it won`t log in again.
January 9th, 2009 12:52am

Did you reset the pc by taking it out of the domain?Take it out of the domain and join an arbitrary workgroup. Reboot and join the domain again, if you can.This has worked for me in the past.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 9th, 2009 2:37am

Hi, I agree with what bnborg. By default, on Windows 2003-based computers and Windows 2000 based computer, the domain computer account password automatically changes every 30 days in the domain. As the workstation and domain controller uses secure channel for pass-through authentication. The problem may be occurs because the secure channel breaks between the problematic computer and the domain controller. In this case, if the problematic computer fails to connect to the domain controller for more than 30 days, the machine password between domain controller and the domain computer does not match. As a result, the secure channel is broken and you cannot logon the domain because of the failure of the pass-through authentication. You may try resolving the issue by disjoining and rejoining the problematic computer to the domain, which can reset the secure channel to restore communication. Hope it helps. David Shen - MSFT
January 9th, 2009 2:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics